Color Label Printer
Colour Label Printers from Afinia Label, Epson, and Primera Technology
Are you in the market for a colour label printer? There are many options available, and it can be difficult to decide which is right for your needs. Optimedia Labs recommends choosing from three leading companies that offer colour label printers suitable for businesses in Canada: Afinia Label, Epson, and Primera Technology.
Why Choose a Colour Label Printer?
Printing your own colour labels, tickets, tags, name badges, and wristbands in-house can result in big cost savings for your business. Not only will you save on the high costs of purchasing them, but you can also avoid waiting times from ordering to delivery.
Another benefit of choosing a colour label printer is that you can print labels in any quantity you need. This is especially helpful if you are a small business with low quantities of products in stock or if you'd like to print seasonal labels.
Colour Label Printers by Afinia Label
Afinia's Memjet-powered colour label printers use the latest in inkjet technology to produce high-quality colour labels with a low total cost of ownership. Afinia offers a range of printer models for different quantities and types, such as:
- Afinia L801 — Built for high-volume applications, the L801 is powered by Memjet technology. The L801 prints at 60 feet per second and can produce thousands of labels per minute. Top uses for the L801 include retail labels, roll-to-roll printing, food and snack labels, nutraceutical and pharmaceutical labels, and private labeling. The L801 is suitable for print volumes from 5,000 to 70,000.
- Afinia L901 — The Afinia L901 is an inline colour label printer, perfect for high-volume applications. It is similar to the L801 but accepts even larger rolls and is ideal for printing up to 100,000 or more labels per month.
- Afinia LT5C CMYK+White Laser Label Printer — The LT5C is laser-based and prints colour plus white graphics and text. It is suitable for print volumes of 2,500 to 25,000 per month.
- Afinia L502 — The L502 is a “duo” ink printer, which means it can use either dye-based or pigment-based inks. Thus, you can use the L502 to print both prime product labels and industrial labels including GHS BS5609 labels.
- Afinia L301 — The Afinia L301 is an entry-level printer in the Afinia Label family. It has a high print quality and can print colourful labels for use at the office. It prints at a slower speed than the others, but can still be used for printing small quantities of labels on-demand.
Colour Label Printers by Epson
Epson colour label printers are ideal for businesses that need to print industrial labels, GHS BS5609 chemical labels, barcode labels, badges, event tickets, wristbands, and tags.
Popular models from Epson include:
- Epson TM-C3500 — The C3500 is a great all-around pigment-based colour label printer for printing inventory labels, tags, wristbands, horticulture labels, and GHS BS5609 labels. Epson's ColorWorks C3500 is a flexible label printer for product labels, barcodes, and industrial labels. It has rear feed capability and a maximum print resolution of 720 dpi.
- Epson TM-C7500 / C7500G — The C75000 comes in either matte or gloss (C7500G) versions. The matte version is used for printing industrial labels, tags, and barcodes while the gloss version is used for printing high quality product labels. Both printers are fast, reliable, and impressive.
- Epson ColorWorks C6000 and C6500 — Available in 4 models (C6000A / C6000P / C6500A / C6500P), Epson C6000 / C6500 colour label printers are built for heavy-duty industrial barcoding and labeling applications typically relegated to industrial thermal label printers. These label printers have all of the features required plus the added benefit of full colour. They are comparably priced to their thermal black and white only counterparts.
Colour Label Printers by Primera Technology
Primera Technology manufactures a wide range of colour label printers that are ideal for high resolution “prime" product labels. These printers offer photo quality printouts at 4800 dpi.
Popular Primera colour label printers include:
- Primera LX500 / LX500c — The Primera LX500 is a great colour label printer for small businesses on a budget. The LX500c comes with a cutter while the LX500 does not. These printers print beautiful full color labels, name tags, visitors passes, and barcodes on demand and are ideal for smaller volume requirements.
- Primera LX910 — The LX910 is Primera’s fastest colour label printer with a print speed of up to 4.5 inches per second. It uses a single tricolor ink cartridge and can use either dye or pigment inks. You can use the LX910 to print prime and industrial labels including GHS BS5609 chemical labels.
Which Colour Label Printer is the Best?
All of the label printers we sell offer outstanding features and value, but which one is the best? It really depends on your specific needs including label type, label size, and monthly print volume. Because each business has different needs, the perfect colour label printer for one business is the worst one for another.
Afinia label printers are a solid choice for businesses needing to print large quantities of labels and barcodes such as product manufacturers. On the other hand, if you're running a small business with low manufacturing output, a Primera colour label printer would be both affordable and professional. For industrial or chemical label printing, you can't go wrong with an Epson label printer.
The colour label printers listed below are at the top of their class. They have an excellent reputation for reliability and performance, so you can feel confident about your purchase. If you have any questions or would like sample labels, please contact us. We'll be happy to help.